The Six Biggest Benefits of Dental Implants
You may have heard about dental implants before, but what are they exactly? Who needs them? And how can they help you? Keep reading to learn more about implants and all the advantages of having them.
WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Artificial dental implants are used to replace missing teeth. The root of the implant is made of titanium, which is inserted directly into the jawbone. A replacement tooth or crown is then attached to the titanium anchor. Artificial replacement teeth are highly durable and are made to look and feel just like real teeth.
When Are Dental Implants Used?
When you have missing or severely damaged teeth, an implant can help restore your smile to its former beauty. Patients of all ages can get dental implants. You can have one of the dentists at Sunridge Dental Clinic in Northeast Calgary evaluate the health of your gums and jawbone to determine if implants are right for you.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Artificial implants are becoming an increasingly popular choice for patients all over Calgary. And for good reason, too! Here are some of the biggest benefits of choosing implants:
- Just like the real thing – Implants are made to look, fit, and feel as close to your natural teeth as possible.
- Strong and durable – Dental implants are built to last. Unlike bridges, implants seldom need to be replaced when properly cared for.
- Protect the rest of your smile – Traditional bridges can damage nearby healthy teeth. Implants replace missing teeth without affecting neighbouring teeth, so you can smile your brightest and take care of your natural teeth without worry.
- Chew comfortably – Unlike dentures, which can make eating certain foods uncomfortable, your artificial replacement teeth will allow you to eat whatever you like. Bon appetit!
- Reduce the risk of cavities – You still need to brush and floss dental crowns everyday just like you do your natural teeth, but at least you won't have to worry about cavities forming on your artificial replacement teeth.
Contact Sunridge Dental Clinic in Calgary's N.E. today to learn more about dental implants or one of our other services. Our friendly and professional team helps take the “bite” out of seeing the dentist! And we're always accepting new patients. Book your appointment today!